The challenge for management when investing in technology infrastructure is to decide which programmes of work will deliver the best value for the organisation.
Establishing an enterprise architecture will provide management with a framework for making these decisions, in addition to the standard financial analysis conducted to evaluate return on investment.
Primary benefits expected of Enterprise Architecture
- Aligning IT strategy with business strategy
- Improving business process integration
- Minimising the total cost of ownership
- Clear project scope definition.
- Consensus on initiative priority
- Defined IT work priorities.