|Management practices or processes that lead to world class, superior performance.
The elements of best practice that lead to superior performance in technology projects have been the foundation of a generation of methodologies from James Martin's Information Engineering, DSDM, Agile to the Rational Unified Process which uses the latest unified modelling language (UML).
Elements of Best Practice
- Facilitated business & technology workshops.
- High level of stakeholder participation.
- Requirements management incorporating scope definition, traceability and change management.
- Model driven architecture to visualise requirements.
- Partitioning and prioritisation for iterative incremental development.
- Protoyping to visualise solution proposals.
- Standard deliverables using templates and examples.
- Completion criteria to produce consistent quality artefacts.